Created for Love
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 3, 2020
All candidates will be subject to evaluation.
Centro San Juan Diego and the Office of Hispanic Evangelization through UPAEP (Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla) Continuing Education will be teaching a course on domestic violence. Participants will expand their theoretical and practical knowledge in the prevention and detection of domestic violence. Sessions will be conducted through Zoom, using Blackboard to upload assignments. Afterwards, there will be three sessions to learn about local laws and resources in Colorado.
- Attend the 10 sessions of UPAEP Continuing Education training classes
- Attend all 3 sessions at CSJD (online) to learn about local laws and resources
- Create a domestic violence prevention plan/manual according to the age level of the audience.
- Present what you learned to five different groups in your ministries
- Notify CSJD of the dates and which groups and parishes you will be teaching.
- Take attendance and submit to Centro San Juan Diego.
- Ensure participants fill out a survey at the end of the presentation.
- If you need a letter of support or authorization to carry out the project, please contact Centro San Juan Diego.
Upon completion of the responsibilities listed above, the participant will obtain a certificate of participation from UPAEP Continuing Education and Centro San Juan Diego.
UPAEP Continuing Education
Saturdays from 8:00am-12:00pm
- January 23 and 30
- February 6, 20 and 27
- March 6, 20 and 27
- April 10 and 17
Local sessions: To be determined
Community presentations: June-November 2021
- Take this opportunity to pray and discern if this is something you would like to do.
- Complete enrollment on the Centro San Juan Diego website.
- Write an essay responding to the following questions:
- Why do you think this program is important?
- Why would you like to participate in it?
- Why do you think you’d be a good candidate for this program?
*If we notify you that you have been accepted into the program, a $100 deposit will be required (which will be returned to you upon successful completion of the training and presentations).